What Is A Termite Inspection?
Preparing for your inspection
For a complete inspection, there are a few things you can do to prepare for the inspector:
- Remove any storage from the areas under sinks in the kitchens & bathrooms.
- Remove any storage from the area within two feet of the exterior of the house.
- Remove any storage in the interior of the garage two feet away from the wall.
- Trim back any bushes or ground cover that conceals the walls or foundation.
- If your home is built on a raised foundation, the inspector will go under the house. Be sure the access opening to the subarea is not blocked by storage. If the access opening is located in the floor of a closet, please pull back the carpet and leave the door to the closet open.
- If you are not going to be home, be sure to unlock the gates and arrange to have any dogs stay with a friend or neighbor.